MESOPOTAMIA NEWS INTEL BY MEIR AMIT INTELLIGENCE & TERRORISM INFORMATION CENTER – Spotlight on Global Jihad (August 23-29, 2018)
- In the Idlib region, the warring sides continue their preparations for the campaign. The Syrian army continues to reinforce its troops while the Headquarters for the Liberation of Al-Sham reinforces its positions in the areas where it expects the Syrian attack to take place. The Headquarters for the Liberation of Al-Sham has established an elite force whose operatives undergo rigorous training so they can be utilized to break through the enemy’s lines of defense and operate behind the enemy lines.
- Concurrently with the military preparations on the ground, intensive diplomatic talks are underway between Russia and Turkey, examining ways to prevent friction between Russia and Syria, on the one hand, and Turkey on the other, during the takeover of the Idlib region. In the ITIC’s assessment, the discussions center on the idea of driving a wedge between the “moderate” organizations (sponsored by Turkey), with which reconciliation arrangements can be reached, and the jihadi terrorist organizations, primarily the Headquarters for the Liberation of Al-Sham, which must be fought with and eradicated.
- The Syrian army is also holding talks with the non-jihadi rebel organizations in order to try to reach reconciliation (i.e., surrender) arrangements with them in the same format as those that were reached in southern Syria. The Headquarters for the Liberation of Al-Sham, which is aware of this, is carrying out intensive activity against its opponents. This activity includes large-scale arrests, attacks against operatives of organizations affiliated with Turkey, and the publication of public warnings not to surrender to the enemy and not to agree to reconciliation arrangements with it.
Russian and American involvement in Syria
MESPOTAMIA NEWS : THE CHRISTIAN US SUPPORTING PKK(YPG) FOR CLOSING DOWNS CHRISTIAN SCHOOLS IN KAMISHLI
Assyrians in Syria Protest US-backed Kurdish YPG for Shutting Down Schools
2018-08-29 22:41 GMT – MESOP – Christians came together in the Qamishli town center, demanding the reopening of their schools.Unrest erupted among Syrian Christians in recent weeks against PKK-affiliated groups in northern Syria due to the closure of their schools as part of the oppressive policies of the terrorist organization.
A protest was organized Tuesday against local security forces of the U.S-backed People’s Protection Units (YPG), the Syrian affiliation of the PKK terrorist group, in Hasakah province of northern Syria, Anadolu Agency (AA) reported.
MESOPOTAMIA TODAYS RELEVANT TWEETS & SHORT CUTS
Jennifer CafarellaVerified account @JennyCafarella 28 August 2018 (ISW)
Zeina KhodrVerified account @ZeinakhodrAljaz
#Russia Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu : Russian military in talks w/ leaders of armed groups in Syria’s rebel-held #Idlib province to reach a peace settlement. He said the aim of the talks was to reach peaceful resolution similar to the settlements in Eastern Ghouta and Deraa
More via www.mesop.de
israel heute ltd. 28 Aug 2018
Medienberichten zufolge möchte der Iran beim Wiederaufbau Syriens durch „Präsenz, Teilnahme und Unterstützung“ helfen. Dies teilte der iranische …
Iran und Syrien vereinbaren weitere militärische Zusammenarbeit – ANF News (Pressemitteilung)
Iran und Syrien vereinbaren Kooperation – Junge Welt
Syrien und Iran schließen Verteidigungsbündnis – Sputnik Deutschland
Mehr via www.mesop.de
MESOPOTAMIA GOOD NEWS : COME TOGETHER ! – Tel Aviv Protests: While Arabs and Jews Unite, Fake News Divides
Neri Zilber / FIKRA FORUM WASHINGTON
Neri Zilber, a journalist and analyst on Middle East politics and culture, is an adjunct fellow of The Washington Institute. Also available in العربية – August 23, 2018
On the night of August 11, tens of thousands of Arab-Israelis and Jewish-Israelis marched from Rabin Square to the plaza of the Tel Aviv Museum in central Tel Aviv, protesting the recently passed Nation State Law. The demonstrators held up placards demanding equality, justice, a repeal of the law, and an end to what a few termed apartheid. Some chanted (in Arabic) “The people demand the fall of the law.” Others chanted (in Hebrew) “Bibi go home,” referring to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Most controversially, some in the crowd hoisted aloft the red, black, white and green Palestinian flag; others, for their part, hosted aloft the blue and white Israeli flag with the Star of David.
- On August 22, 2018, ISIS’s Al-Furqan Media Foundation released a 55-minute audiotape of ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. This is Al-Baghdadi’s first statement since the previous audiotape, which was released in September 2017, in which Al-Baghdadi called on ISIS’s supporters to carry out terrorist attacks against the West and continue fighting in Iraq, Syria and other provinces (see Appendix). The title of the current audiotape, which consists of motifs similar to its previous one, is “Give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere,” which is taken from a Quranic verse.
The title of the audiotape, “Give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere,” with Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s speech (Vimeo, a website similar to YouTube for sharing videos and soundtracks, August 22, 2018)
– In a public statement by ISIS leader Abu Bakr al Baghdadi, the first for a year, he calls on his supporters to carry out terrorist attacks worldwide, mainly in Western countries. He mentions shooting, stabbing and ramming attacks as well as detonation of IEDs. Published: 27/08/2018 email print facebook twitter linkedin Full document in PDF format Overview On August 22, 2018, ISIS’s Al-Furqan Media Foundation released a 55-minute audiotape of ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. This is Al-Baghdadi’s first statement since the previous audiotape, which was released in September 2017, in which Al-Baghdadi called on ISIS’s supporters to carry out terrorist attacks against the West and continue fighting in Iraq, Syria and other provinces (see Appendix).
Israel on My Mind
Israel News Talk Radio
More via www.mesop.de