LETTER TO THE EDITOR – Dear Guy,
I just got back from Lausanne, where today, as you know, the P5+1 and Iran announced a framework of understanding that U.S. officials told the Associated Press “would open the path to a final phase of nuclear negotiations.” This is not an “agreement” — it’s an affirmation that both sides will keep talking, and a catalog of our deeply alarming concessions that contradict every pledge the President made to ensure Iran would abide by five U.N. resolutions, and do a deal to “end their nuclear program.” Let me be clear: An actual nuclear agreement based on the framework revealed today would endanger not only Israel and America, but the entire world.
Under such an agreement Iran would be allowed to:
- Keep what one former Obama administration official has called its “plutonium bomb factory,” and in 10 years, build as many heavy water reactors as it wants. There is no purpose for plutonium other than nuclear weapons.
- Delay disclosure of its past military nuclear work until after sanctions relief has been granted, a concession that according to experts would gut our ability to know if Iran is cheating and prevent any effective inspection and verification regime.
- Continue spinning centrifuges in its underground Revolutionary Guard enrichment bunker impervious to Western military intervention if Iran decides to break a deal and race for a bomb — and conduct advanced centrifuge R&D without violating the agreement: meaning they can go from IR-1 centrifuge to IR-4, 5, 6, etc., each of which can make nuclear bomb fuel four times faster than the previous generation!
- Deny immediate anytime, anywhere access to facilities nuclear inspectors want to visit.
- Not be required to ship their enriched uranium out of the country – after Iran had secured U.S. concessions on number of centrifuges based on doing so.
The administration’s concept is premised on the belief that Iran will abide by previous international obligations, but as we have seen time and time again, Iran has continued to stall and violate agreements.
I recently wrote an op-ed for the Miami Herald where I explained:
“The truth is, Iran is an unabashed terrorist regime… While pocketing countless U.S. concessions on virtually every aspect of its program — enrichment, plutonium, ballistic missile delivery systems, past illicit nuclear weapons work, continued expansion of centrifuge research — Iran has played the West for a fool. Tehran has failed to grant unfettered access to inspect nuclear infrastructure and continues to stonewall the IAEA, the very organization that would be charged with monitoring any new nuclear agreement.”
Guy, just this week a top Iranian general said Israel’s destruction is “Non-negotiable.”
I say that the removal of Iran’s infrastructure to build nuclear weapons is “Non-negotiable.”
We need your help to educate the press, policy influencers, and opinion leaders about the dangers contained in this framework.
We need to fight a bad deal, and stop Iran, now. If Iran goes nuclear, terror goes nuclear.
Thank you for standing with TIP against a nuclear Iran.
Josh Block – CEO & President
P.S. Help TIP continue to fight a nuclear Iran and fight for a good deal that would block any path for Iran to build a nuclear bomb. Donate today so TIP can continue this critical fight against a nuclear Iran. https://salsa4.salsalabs.com/o/50872/p/salsa/donation/common/public/?donate_page_KEY=9221&killorg=True